To ensure a bright future for the next generations, every citizen on this planet has a responsibility to bring a positive change in terms of sustainability. Food waste is one concern that we should pay attention to, especially when “one-third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted” (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2019). How can we bring an innovative solution to improve this situation? Would it be possible to have a world without food wasting? What are the food waste projects currently running in Switzerland? On this important topic, we have the opportunity to invite three Swiss leaders in the food waste economy and discuss their business concept as well as their vision regarding food waste.
- Food waste pope, founder and chef of the no food waste restaurant and food delivery “Mein Küchenchef”
- Winner of the Gastrobär Innovation Award
- Co-founder of the “FOODOO” Product line found in stores all around Switzerland
- Media personality
- Founder and President of “foodwaste.ch”
- Food Waste Researcher and PhD at ETH
- Business Developer Switzerland at “Too Good To Go”
A networking aperitif will follow this event.
This event will take place in English and German
Date & Time:
02nd MAY 2019 I 6:30 PM TO 9:30 PM
@Innovation Lab / UBS Concept Space
Chemin du Musée 4, 1700 Fribourg